Welcome to Math 20D Lecture A
||8:00 am - 8:50 am
Instructor office hours: (click here)
Class Piazza Page: (click here)
Follow @DocBowers on the Twitters!
Complex numbers review: Math 20B Supplement
2x2 Linear Systems: Math 20D Supplement (to replace Chapter 7)
To send an email
to your TA, put "@ucsd.edu" after the username listed under "Email".
The required textbook for the course is Elementary Differential Equations (10th Edition), by Boyce and DiPrima; published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2013. (We will cover parts of Chapters 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. See the course calendar for a more specific list of topics.)
- You must buy a copy of the book that has the WileyPLUS Online Homework code. Otherwise you will have to buy the code separately!
- If you want ELECTRONIC ACCESS ONLY, you can buy the WileyPLUS code separately. Then you do not need to buy a physical copy of the book. (This is the cheapest option.)
- If you want a physical copy of the book, the bookstore has the textbook available in hardback or looseleaf (for a 3-ring binder).
All midterm exams will be "in-class" and will last 50 minutes.
- Midterm Exam 1: Oct 17 (Mon). Topics: 2.1 - 2.6, 3.1 - 3.4
- Midterm Exam 2: Nov 14 (Mon). Topics: 3.5 - 3.6, 7.1 - 7.9
Final Exam: Dec 5 (Mon) 8:00 - 11:00 am.
Topics: All topics covered in class. For a list of all the course topics, see the Course Calendar.
- You must bring your photo ID.
- You may not use a calculator or other electronic device.
- You may use one 8.5 x 11 inch page of handwritten notes. (Both sides are okay, but no photocopies are allowed.)
- You may not use any other notes or books.
Links to old Math 20D exams appear below.
The following exams are provided "as is"—exactly as they appeared when administered and without answers. These are NOT practice exams. They may differ in form and content from the exams given this term. Working through these old exams may be helpful, but it is not a substitute for reviewing your notes, homework, and keeping up with the class on a daily basis.
These sample exams were taken at a time when students were required to use a Blue Book. We will not be using Blue Books this quarter, and consequently the format of the exams will be different.
Other sites of interest
Interesting Math Websites