Personal Home Page for Jeffrey Rabin
This year (2016-17) I'm teaching Math 104A and 120A in the Fall, and Math 120B in the Spring. I will be on Sabbatical in the Winter.
The course websites will be on Ted.
Here are links to some of my publications:
- M. Rothstein and JMR, Serre duality, Abel's theorem, and Jacobi inversion for supercurves over a thick superpoint, Journal of Geometry and Physics 90 (2015) 95-103
- JMR, E. Fuller, and G. Harel, Double Negative: The necessity principle, commognitive conflict, and negative number operations, Journal of Mathematical Behavior 32 (2013) 649-659
- E. Fuller, JMR, and G. Harel, Intellectual need and problem-free activity in the mathematics classroom, International Journal for Studies in Mathematics Education 4(1) (2011) 80-114
- A.B. Aazami, A.O. Petters, and JMR, Orbifolds, the A,D,E family of caustic singularities, and gravitational lensing, Journal of Mathematical Physics 52(2) (2011) 022501, 11pp.
- M. Wawro, G. Sweeney, and JMR, Subspace in linear algebra: investigating students' concept images and interactions with the formal definition, Educational Studies in Mathematics 78(1) (2011) 1-19
- JMR and M. J. Rothstein, D modules on 1|1 supercurves, Journal of Geometry and Physics 60(4) (2010) 626-636
- JMR, An approach to Fractions Via Measurement, Unpublished
- G. Harel, E. Fuller, and JMR, Attention to meaning by algebra teachers, Journal of Mathematical Behavior 27 (2008) 116-127
- JMR, Tangent lines without calculus, The Mathematics Teacher 101(7) (2008) 499-503
- Karin Baur, JMR, and David A. Meyer, Periodicity and growth in a lattice gas with dynamical geometry, Physical Review E 73 (2006) 026129
- Guershon Harel and JMR, Polygons whose vertex triangles have equal area, American Mathematical Monthly 110(7) (2003) 606-619
- Fausto Ongay and JMR, On decomposing N=2 line bundles as tensor products of N=1 line bundles, Letters in Mathematical Physics 61 (2002) 101-106
- Neal Dalal and JMR, Magnification relations in gravitational lensing via multidimensional residue integrals, Journal of Mathematical Physics 42 (2001) 1818-1836
- M. J. Bergvelt and JMR, Super curves, their Jacobians, and super KP equations, Duke Mathematical Journal 98 (1999) 1-57
- JMR, Geodesics and BPS states in N=2 supersymmetric QCD, Physics Letters B411 (1997) 274-282
- JMR, Old and new fields on super Riemann surfaces, Classical and Quantum Gravity 13 (1996) 875-880
- JMR, Super elliptic curves, Journal of Geometry and Physics 15 (1995) 252-280
- JMR, The geometry of the super KP flows, Communications in Mathematical Physics 137 (1991) 533-552
- JMR and P. G. O. Freund, Supertori are algebraic curves, Communications in Mathematical Physics 114 (1988) 131-145
- L. Crane and JMR, Super Riemann surfaces: uniformization and Teichmueller theory, Communications in Mathematical Physics 113 (1988) 601-623