Up: Details of NCProcess
Previous: NCProcess1 command
The input to NCProcess2 is a set of starting equations start,
a number of iterations n for SmallBasis
and a collection of user selects.
The steps taken by NCProcess2 are:
- I. Shrinking the input equations
- (1) Shrink start
using the RemoveRedundantProtected operation. Call this
shrunken set D.
- (2) Let be the set of polynomials in D
which do not involve any unknowns. Let
. Let be a set of
the normal forms of the elements of with respect
to . Let
- (3) Let F be the union of E and the
Let G be a reduced form of F.
(see the beginning of
- (4) Shrink G by SmallBasis.
Set H equal to the result of the shrinking.
- II. The ``Attempt Decompose''
``Displaying the results'' and
``Return a three tuple to the user for future use''
Wed Jul 3 10:27:42 PDT 1996