Accessing your PC lab account for Math 155
The PC labs are in APM B349 and APM B337. You will need to use machines
which have Microsoft Development Studio (for C++ development) and, later in the course,
which have 3D Studio Max.
- Open the ACS Account Utilities folder. Double-click the Login
icon. Follow the directions, log into the machine insci14.
- Once you are successfully logged in you should get a message telling you that drive H:
and drive P: have been loaded. Drive P is the "public directory" for the
account. Assignments, handouts, etc. will be placed here. (Other items may
also be placed on the course home page at http://math.ucsd.edu/~sbuss/Math155.
- Drive H is your personal directory. Files stored here are saved remotely and will
be available next time you login. Files stored elsewhere on the PC will be lost when
- To log out, go to the ACS Account Utilities folder and select the Logout
icon. Don't forget to logout as otherwise the next user will have access to your
- Unfortunately it takes about 3 minutes for the logout process to be completed.
- You have 30MB of disk space allocated to your account. If you exceed this limit
you will get strange or nonsensical error messages, usually saying something about being
unable to write a file, but sometimes just crashing your programs.
- If you have troubles with this limit, please first try erasing old files. In
particular, in your C++ project directories, any directory named Debug or
Release may be safely deleted (as the compiler will just regenerate it
automatically next time you compile the project). It is a good idea to just erase
these whenever you finish with a project. Of course, you should be careful not to
erase .c, .cpp and .h files as
these are your source files.
I still have to figure out how to make printing work.....