Murray and Adylin Rosenblatt Endowed Lectures in Applied Mathematics
The Murray and Adylin Rosenblatt Endowed Lecture Series in Applied Mathematics features lectures by eminent scholars who use mathematics and statistics in areas of application. Inaugural lectures will be:
- Professor Robert Engle, NYU
"Dynamic Conditional Beta"
Oct. 21, 5-6:15pm, Galbraith Hall 242
- Professor Catherine Constable, SIO, UCSD
"Earth's Magnetic Field: Random Reversals, Stochastic Models, and Physical Interpretations"
Oct. 22, 1:45-3pm, York Hall 2722
Free registration required to attend. See Rosenblatt lecture series details.
SCAPDE - October 15-16 at UCLA
The Southern California Analysis & PDE (SCAPDE) meeting will be on October 15-16, 2016 at UCLA.
Peter Ebenfelt - Foreign Member of The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters
Congratulations to Professor Peter Ebenfelt who has been elected as a Foreign Member of The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters.
Kiran Kedlaya - 2016 George Polya Award
The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) has awarded Professor Kiran Kedlaya and his coauthors, Gordon Hamilton and Henri Picciotto, the 2016 George Polya Award for their expository article "Square-Sum Pair Partitions" in the College Mathematics Journal.
Math Grad Receives Academic Integrity Award
Math Ph.D. graduate student, Robert Snellman, has been awarded the inaugural Academic Integrity Instructional Assistant Award at the 6th annual Integrity Award Ceremony.
Fall 2016 Math Advising Sessions & Presentations:
- Monday 10/10/16 4-4:50pm in APM 6402
- Major in Mathematics / Major in Mathematics-Applied Science
- Monday 10/10/16 5-5:50pm in APM 6402
- Major in Applied Mathematics
- Monday 10/24/16 4-4:50pm in APM 6402
- Monday 10/31/16 4-4:50pm in APM 6402
- Joint Major in Mathematics and Economics
- Monday 10/31/16 5-5:50pm in APM 6402
- Graduate School in Mathematics
- Monday 11/7/16 5-5:50pm in APM 6402
- Cheiron International Presentation/Recruitment
Wednesday • October 26, 2016
3:00pm • AP&M 7421
Quasi-local energy in presence of gravitational radiations
Math 258 - Differential Geometry
Thursday • October 27, 2016
11:00am • AP&M 2402
Variational Integrators for Nonvariational PDEs
2:00pm • AP&M 7421
Algebraic cycles and crystalline cohomology
Math 209 - Number Theory
4:00pm • AP&M 6402
Classification and decomposition problems in symplectic linear algebra
Math 295 - Mathematics Colloquium