Department of Mathematics
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
9500 Gilman Drive # 0112
La Jolla, CA 92093-0112
United States of America (USA)
Applied Physics & Mathematics Building (AP&M)
Room 7409 (7th Floor)
Open Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Questions regarding anything about the undergraduate program (e.g. undergraduate courses, admissions, majors, transfer credit equivalencies, enrollment authorizations, petitions, planned course offerings, tutoring, etc.) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding anything about the graduate program (e.g. graduate courses, admissions, degree offerings, etc.) should be sent to email@example.com.
General IT questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Technical questions regarding the website and all other questions can be sent to email@example.com.
For faster response, please send any academic/instruction-related questions directly to the appropriate email address for the undergraduate/graduate programs listed above instead of to the webmaster. If your question is urgent due to an immediate deadline, please instead telephone the department during university business hours.
For specific information about individual members of the Mathematics department (email addresses, phone numbers, offices, etc.), please see the alphabetical department directory.
From the Airport
San Diego International Airport - Lindbergh Field (SAN) is the nearest major public airport, about 13 miles south of UCSD. There are a number of shuttles, taxi, and rideshare services around the airport that offer transportation directly to UCSD. As of September 2018, price is roughly $45.00 and the commute time is about 25 minutes (subject to traffic delays).
Driving from North of La Jolla
- Take Interstate 5 South.
- Exit on the La Jolla Village Drive offramp.
- Turn right (continuing West).
Driving from South of La Jolla
- Take Interstate 5 North.
- Exit on the La Jolla Village Drive offramp.
- Turn left (continuing West).
- La Jolla Village Drive will curve and become North Torrey Pines Road.
- Turn right at Muir College Drive (continuing East) to enter the campus.
- Go past the Scholars Drive North intersection. You should see the multi-level underground Scholars Parking Structure directly ahead in the corner. It is below the "Catalyst" and "Mosaic" buildings.
- Immediately, turn right into the Scholars Parking Structure north-side entrance.
- Park in any of the parking spaces marked with a black-and-white "V", or yellow "S". Do not park in any of the red "A" spaces, green "B" spaces, or spaces with restricted usage signs (e.g. RESERVED, UC Vehicle Only, etc.).
- Buy a visitor parking permit at a pay station kiosk using a credit card OR Pay by App (ParkMobile). As of September 2018, visitor parking permits are \$3.00/hour or \$30.00/day (prices subject to change). Don't forget to account for the walking travel time between your parking space and the AP&M building.
- If you do not purchase a valid parking permit for the parking space, you risk being fined by UCSD Police. As of September 2018, parking citation penalty fines are $65.00+ per violation (fines subject to change).
- The Applied Physics and Mathematics (AP&M) Building is located south of the Scholars Parking Structure (about a ~2-minute walk). See UCSD Maps below.
- The Front Desk for the Mathematics Department is in Room 7409 on the 7th Floor (exit the passenger elevators and turn right).
Due to campuswide parking congestion/construction and frequently-changing parking lot restrictions/reservations, visitors should arrive early before any scheduled appointments/events in order to obtain a valid parking permit and parking space.
As of June 18, 2018, Parking Lots P207 and P208 closest to AP&M that were listed in older campus maps have permanently closed due to new building construction.
Other nearby parking to AP&M are Parking Lots P206, P302, P303, P304, P308, P416, the Pangea Parking Structure, the Hopkins Parking Structure, and the Osler Parking Structure. Please see Visitor Parking for more detailed information. Parking without a valid permit of the correct type for the parking space may result in being fined by UCSD Police. You are responsible for obtaining and displaying the correct parking permit on your parked vehicle at all times.
- Printable UCSD Campus Map (AP&M is highlighted in RED)
- UCSD Campus Maps
- UCSD Campus MapLink
- Other UCSD Campus Maps
- Google Map of UCSD
|Main Office / Front Desk||AP&M 7409||(858) 534-3590|
|Undergraduate Program||AP&M 7409||(858) 534-3590|
|Graduate Program||AP&M 7402||(858) 534-3591|
|Math Testing & Placement||MHA 1722||(858) 534-3373|
|MSO (Business Officer)||AP&M 7331||(858) 534-3593|
|Department Chair||AP&M 7313||(858) 534-0730|
|IT||AP&M 5018||(858) 534-2762|