Welcome new Student Employee to the UCSD Mathematics Department!
Follow the steps below in order:
0 - Required New Student Employee Info
You should have received the following new employee information earlier:
- Your UCSD Employee ID Number = ########
- Your UCSD Employee Email Address = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your UCSD Employee Active Directory (AD) Username = username
If you did NOT the receive the above information earlier, please contact Math Dept. HR staff before proceeding.
1 - Complete the Work Location Status Form
Complete the Work Location Status form at:
Most non-student employee job positions are currently Hybrid (working both remotely and on-campus). Fill out the form like this:
a) "What is your current work arrangement?" = "Hybrid"
b) "Building" = "Applied Physics and Mathematics" (or whatever building your assigned office is in)
c) "Floor" = "Seventh Floor" (or whatever floor your assigned office is in, if you have not been assigned an office, choose "Seventh Floor" for now)
d) "Is your specific work location accessible to the public where individuals outside the UC San Diego community can to come to your work space (e.g. desk, lab, office, etc.) unescorted?" = "Yes".
Be sure to update this Work Location Status form as your work arrangement changes over time.
2 - Login to UCPath
Login to UCPath:
https://ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu/ -> "University of California, San Diego" -> Login
and complete any new user setup there. You should also receive a separate email from the UCSD HR Onboarding system with specific instructions of what "Personal Information" data to verify and update ASAP.
Be sure to check/update the following:
Employee Actions -> Personal Information ->
- Personal Information
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Date of Birth
- Home/Mailing Address (where paper paychecks are mailed to if not using Direct Deposit)
Employee Actions -> Income and Taxes ->
- Direct Deposit (get paid faster electronically -- RECOMMENDED)
3 - Login to Ecotime Timekeeping
During the first week AFTER your official job start date, login to the Ecotime Campus time reporting system:
- After logging in, in the menus on top, go to "Employee Tasks" -> "Timesheet" to check that your "Timesheet Employee Information" is correct.
- Near the top, there are 4 lines that look similar to this but with your specific info:
LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME (#########/########) (XXX, XXX)
Timesheet Employee Information
Timesheet Group: SUPERVISOR'S NAME (#########)
Home Department: 000212
- Highlight and select these 4 lines and Copy them to your clipboard.
- Login to your UCSD Employee Email.
- Compose a new email message to Math Dept Timekeeper Elizabeth Cuevas at "email@example.com" with "Subject" of "My Ecotime Info" and paste these 4 lines to confirm you've logged in to Ecotime OK.
"Getting paid is an important part of working. Submit your timesheets on time!"
4 - Complete Mandatory Training
Within the first 30-days of the start of your job appointment, complete any compliance and required training applicable to your job position:
(NOTE: Before typing anything, be sure to change the "Or sign on with:" menu option from "Business Systems" to "Active Directory" FIRST, then enter your UCSD AD username/password to login.)
Most Student Employees are required to complete the following training:
- UC Cyber Security Awareness Fundamentals
- Injury and Illness Prevention
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harrassment Prevention Training
- UC Ethical Values and Conduct
5 - Report to Supervisor
Report to your supervisor for initial work assignments.
For questions or problems encountered with the above steps, please contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" and let us know when you're available to meet over Zoom to troubleshoot your problems.