The following department printers can be used by all department users:
Department Printers List
|Applied Physics & Mathematics (AP&M) Building|
|p7018||AP&M 7018||HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M603xh||✔||✔|
|p6016||AP&M 6016||HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M603xh||✔||✔|
|p5132||AP&M 5132||HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M603xh||✔||✔|
|p5871||AP&M 5871||HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M603xh||✔||✔|
|p2331||AP&M 2331||HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M603xh||✔||✔|
|color7018||AP&M 7018||HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551xh||✔||✔|
|color6016||AP&M 6016||HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551xh||✔||✔|
|color5132||AP&M 5132||HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551xh||✔||✔|
|color5871||AP&M 5871||HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551xh||✔||✔|
|color2331||AP&M 2331||HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551xh||✔||✔|
|Mayer Hall Addition (MHA) Building|
|NOTE: No Mathematics Department printer is currently available in this building. Please print to a department printer in the AP&M Building instead. Physics Department printers in this building are for Physics users only.|
Department Printing Policies
- The department printers are shared-use network printers provided as a service by the department for use by all department users for instruction/research purposes ONLY. Some faculty members and research groups have personal printers in offices and labs that are further restricted for use only by approved users.
- "Free" printing to the department printers is a PRIVILEGE granted by the department to current members and sponsored affiliates of the department. Responsible use of the department printers is expected of all users. Excessive printing of non-instruction/research related documents or other abuse or waste (including printing out PDFs of entire books to avoid purchasing the actual published books) may result in a change to this policy to a per-page paid service for everyone. This includes printing personal documents for yourself or printing documents of any type for use by non-affiliates.
- Instructors printing copies of exams should use the department printers only as a last resort. The department provides an exam duplication service for instructors that will coordinate sending large print jobs to Imprints and also provide secure storage and pickup notification of the exam copies. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Minimum FIVE (5) business days notice is REQUIRED. If you are unable to submit your master copy of the exam in time, instructors may photocopy the exam themselves using the department photocopier in AP&M 7018 or at an Imprints location. As a last resort, instructors may print exam copies on the department printers.
Department Printing Tips
- All department network printers are PostScript Level 2-capable and can be used from all department-managed computers. Department users printing from self-managed computers or mobile devices can follow the instructions below to setup printing access.
- To conserve toner and paper, PLEASE:
- Think before you print and confirm you really need a paper printout of your document. Most documents can be converted and later accessed again in PDF format. Some documents can be submitted electronically.
- Visually preview your document on screen first to confirm it looks 100% correct before printing.
- Print your job in double-sided (duplex) format whenever possible. Duplex-capable printers can produce double-sided output with the appropriate printing options set for your print job.
- Print only color documents to the color printers. All other documents should be printed to the black and white printers. Color toners are much more expensive than B&W toners (sometimes 3 times as expensive!).
- If you must print out a presentation on clear transparency slides for overhead projection, please only use "Laser Printer Transparency Film" stock (not the cheaper ones used for inkjets, copiers, handwriting, etc.). Otherwise, your transparency will MELT and damage the printer when it passes through the high-temperature fuser unit module inside the printer that fuses the toner particles onto the transparency. It can cost over $300.00+ to replace a damaged fuser unit! Please note that when using an overhead projector to display transparencies printed on a color printer, colors may not necessarily exactly match what was seen on the computer screen (they usually turn out too dark and solid).
Other Printing Services
- Imprints provides pay-for-print service via Wēpa Print Stations located around campus.
- Imprints also provides a large-format (poster-sized) printer useful for conference presentations or special projects.